Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Epilepsy, Treatments and its side effects

Treatment of Epilepsy

A)General Treatment
1.    moderation of the patient's physical activities specially swimming , driving or working near machines or at heights for fear of drowning or injury during a fit
2.    precipitating factors are avioded as photic stimulation(e.g. watching T.V. in thedark) or hyperventilation(e.g. running along distance)
3.    Alcohol intake is forbidden
4.     ketogenic diet,inducing acidosis,used to be given.Acidosis raises threshold of stimulation of brain cells,while alkalosis lowers it


B)Specific Treatment
1.    treatment of the cause in symptomatic epilepsy
2.    Anti-epileptic drugs


Anti-epileptic drugs
for at least 2 to 3 years
1)barbitarates:
•    Luminal(phenobarbitone)
Dose
•    100-600 mg daily
Best indicated
•    broad spectrum anticonvulsant
•     NOT for petit mal seizure

2)Hydontion:
•    Epanutin
Dose
•    200-600 mg daily
Best indicated
•    simple partial motor seizure
•    Grand mal seizure

3)Carbamazepine
•    tegretol
Dose
•    400-800 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Simple partial motor seizure
•    Complex partial motor seizure
•    Grand mal seizure
•    NOT for petit mal seizure


4)Clonazepam
Rivotril
Dose

•    2-6 mg daily
Best indicated
•    myoclonic seizure
•    Grand mal seizure


5)Valproate:
Depakin
Dose

600-1500 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Simple partial motor seizure
•    Complex partial motor seizure
•    Grand mal seizure
•    Myoclonic seizure

6)Succinimide
•    Zarontin
Dose
•    500-1000 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Petit mal seizure

7) New antiepileptics
1.    Gabapentin(Neurontin)
2.    Vigabation(Sbril)
3.    Topiramate(Topamax)
4.    Lamotrigine(Lamictal)
5.    Tiagabine(Gabitril)

1)Gabapentin(Neurontin)
Dose

•    1200-2400 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Refractory partial and generalized seizure

2)Vigabation(Sbril)
Dose

•    2000-3000 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Refractory partial and generalized seizure

3)Topiramate(Topamax)
Dose

•    400-800 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Refractory partial and generalized seizure

4)Lamotrigine(Lamictal)
Dose

•    200-600 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Refractory partial and generalized seizure

5)Tiagabine(Gabitril)
Dose
•    30-60 mg daily
Best indicated
•    Refractory complex partial seizure

Side effects of antiepileptics
•    drowsiness,Ataxia,skin rash and blood dyscrasias; therefore blood pictures should be done
•    Depakin rarely cause hepatic insufficiency;thus frequent liver function tests are needed early in the treatment
•    Epanutin also produce gum hyperplasia and hirsutism
•    antiepileptics have teratogenic effect thus an epileptic woman should postpone pregnancy untill she is fit-free and off medication;however,if achild ia wanted,or she is already pregnant,she should continue her medication,as the fits are dangerous to her and to her foetus
Guidlines for drugs used
1)Always start with one drug to avoid iteracton between antiepileptics
2)If the patient doesn't respond to one drug another drug may be added. the new antiepileptic drugs are mainly used as add-on treatment in case of refractory epilepsy not responding to classical treatment
3)Antiepileptics are discontinued only when the patient has been free from fits foe at least 2 years and his E.E.G. is normal

The end

20 التعليقات:

Unknown said...

Am One of the happiest man on earth since my son was cured from the problem of seizure,which he has been having for eight years now,he do have the attack two to three times a week,which is affecting is education a his life.i got the contact of a doctor from the post of one Mr Ehis thanking he for curing his seizure problem,i got the contact and contacted him then he made me to know that the medication is a permanent cure, and that was how i got the medication which i used on my son,and for six month now there have been no sign of seizure in him again.any one with such problem can contact him on +2349038504409 or ebato1232@gmail.com

Linda said...

CURED FROM 6 YEARS GRAND-MAL EPILEPSY

I want to share my epilepsy cure story which I believe will help someone out there to outcome just like I did. I was once a victim of epilepsy for about 6 years. During these years, I had countless seizures. It was really a battle. But I stayed strong and won in spite of various medical opinions about my condition.

I was 35 when my epilepsy started as Absence seizures; I had symptoms such as blank stares and extreme fatigue which I associated with anxiety. I never really took it serious, because I had little knowledge about seizures. I thought convulsion alone was epilepsy, it later became critical. It moved from Absence seizures to Tonic-Clonic or Grand-mal as called. In 2008, I lost consciousness and woke up in the hospital ER. I was diagnosed with Grand-mal by my doctor after MRI. The seizures and blank stares became so frequent that I was placed on keppra and Lamictal. I was told to stick to these medications without missing a day. I could say I was in seizures prison. My life was regulated by clock to take my medications without fail. I lived on these medications for years. There were a lot of complications associated with them. A time came I was contemplating suicide due to these drugs effects in my systems.

It became so terrible that I couldn't take it anymore. I was alive but lived in pains and fear of dying when I go away from my prescribed drugs.Due to frequent pains and reoccurring seizures in spite of religiously sticking to my drugs, I started looking for alternative medication for treatment without complications my meds were causing me pains and the seizures never stopped occurring.

I visited Google and read blogs. I was fortunate to follow through comments that mentioned HILTON Anti-seizure medication. I visited the blog and read about someone whose seizures were cured after using Dr. Mohan HILTON Anti-Seizure Herbal medication. I followed the blog address shared; contacted him and got HILTON made according to the health information I sent him. After 2 months of use, my frequent pains caused by Western AEDs and the frequent seizures ceased.
While using HILTON, I didn’t experience any side effect associated with keppra and Lamictal. It has been more than 2 years I have never had any seizure. I became cured after using HILTON for treatment. You too can share your story to change lives after using HILTON just like my story has change lives of those who battle epilepsy.
Reach out to Dr. Mohan via his emial on: drajaymohanbose@gmail.com or his blog on www.seizurecure.blogspot.com

JESSICA said...

ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DON FOR MY FAMILY.This information will be useful for Epilepsy patients who is willing to use herbal medicine. My daughter had temporal lobe epilepsy, She had seizure and had a grand mal with rage episode. Our daughter's seizure is constant throughout the day. We had used several medicine which include: Epilim and Keppra, experience seizure control at the cost of serious debilitating side effects. It was during a casual conversation with a friend that I learned about herbal Dr. William,who uses herbal medicine in curing people from epilepsy,i was so glad to contact him on his email and make an order for his medication, it does not have any side effect. I am so glad to say that she has been seizure-free since July 2015 after taking William medicine. this a miracle cure?contact him for more detail (drwilliams098675@gmail.com) thanks once again admin for such an informative blog.

PAUL said...

NATURAL & EFFECTIVE TREATMENT TO SEIZURE: Our son has temporal lobe epilepsy, He has seizure and had a grand mal with rage, Our son's seizure always occur twice in a week according to EEG results. We had used several medicine which include: 600 Epitol 100 Zarontin,
150 Epitec X2 Daily, Topomax lasted for about 3 days, but I put an end to that due to my son losing weight and being lethargic. I recently got dr williams herbal medicine,that's a natural medicine that cure my son Epilepsy with no side effect. It is an herbal medicine. it is a permanent cure and effective treatment of Epilepsy, for more info, you can also contact Dr.William with this email drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and his product

Unknown said...

MY FREEDOM FROM GRAND MAL SEIZURE

I have to share this story to help someone out there. To those going through seizures, I believe you can find a cure like I did. Please read my story and trust that your situation has a hope of cure.

My first Grand Mal seizure happened while I was driving, I totaled my beloved barbie car and I was almost killed. It caused me a lot of problems in my life. I was planning to get married but my fiancee broke off our engagement because he could not deal with the seizures. Epilepsy limited my life in all sorts of ways. I kept having these unstoppable seizures. I visited different neurologists in search for a cure. They prescribed and increased doses of different English medicines, which caused me much health challenge. In spite of these drugs, nothing was actually helping me gain back my health. I sustained both short and long term memory loss as well as some brain damage while using these prescribed medications. I had injuries which resulted from falls when my seizures began. I was devastated and scared. I felt like giving up on life. Every dream I had was placed on hold.

I was on Diazepam and Keppra XR and other AED's that I ended up having toxic levels and I was temporarily paralyzed. I couldn't speak or move a muscle! That was pretty scary. My Epilepsy shattered the whole of my dream. Sometimes, I will have two seizures in a day. I was probably having close to 30 grand mal seizures per month if not more than. I've had seizures and fallen several times getting out of the shower, in the Kitchen, even while reading. This engendered my move in search of cure to my predicament and that I was willing to pursue any treatment that offered hope. It was a terrible experience. I was in chains for years, seizure made me became a shadow of myself. After several use of English medications, I made a choice. To pull myself off and at least find a natural way to heal from it. I spoke to my Neurologists about my plans, they advised otherwise. But I was Determined to take a step. There had to be a way to heal from it.

I finally began my search for treatment with herbs, but lucky for me, I found a cure. After several years of using English medications without solution, I met Dr. Reyansh Mohul on my search in the Internet. His Herbal remedy brought a complete cure for me. Initially, I was in doubt, the feeling of being afraid of lights after several hours in darkness. But I gave it a try and I got my cure. Joyfully, I never had any complications I experienced while on English medications. Well, for those who are facing what I went through, there is hope, you may write Dr. Mohul to learn more what his effective Herbal solution that got me permanently cured. Contact him via dr.reyanshmohul@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

My son was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of six and had become quite recluse, I was terrified. “His seizures have never been fully controlled as he had grand mal seizures, collapsing and twitching on the ground. As a little kid, I find each one haunting—as if some outside force has taken over his body, leaving me, the person who is supposed to protect him, powerless. It was 2012 and over the previous three years I had spent more time in hospital than out of hospital. This point in time was, looking back, perhaps the low point of my life. After nine years we were out of options. We met with his Doctor to get permission to try a herbal treatment as we needed to end all Conventional Medications. Though we didn't know if it Would make him vomit or become dizzy, or give him a rash or cause some other unpleasant event like some medics he used to take? We didn't know. We’d volunteered to give a trial for him to live a better life. We were confident the medicine wouldn't kill him or hurt him irreversibly, but the prospect still made us nervous. Although family and friends may feel this is a loss of the person they knew, the illness can be treated and a good outcome is possible as it all got better when we started using a herbal medicine for him.

My recommendation to people who are either wondering if they have epilepsy or wondering if a friend or loved one has epilepsy should contact aparajitatan@gmail.com. I think one of our key problems was that we didn't do this in the early days of my Son's illness as we never thought of a natural alternative for him.

JESSICA said...

ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DON FOR MY FAMILY.This information will be useful for Epilepsy patients who is willing to use herbal medicine. My daughter had temporal lobe epilepsy, She had seizure and had a grand mal with rage episode. Our daughter's seizure is constant throughout the day. We had used several medicine which include: Epilim and Keppra, experience seizure control at the cost of serious debilitating side effects. It was during a casual conversation with a friend that I learned about herbal Dr. William,who uses herbal medicine in curing people from epilepsy,i was so glad to contact him on his email and make an order for his medication, it does not have any side effect. I am so glad to say that she has been seizure-free since July 2015 after taking William medicine. this a miracle cure?contact him for more detail (drwilliams098675@gmail.com) thanks once again admin for such an informative blog.

Unknown said...

CURE TO EPILEPSY WITHOUT ANY SIDE EFFECT: My son was diagnosed with epilepsy. My son epilepsy was something i don't understand he cry so bad that he was usually in bed for about 8 hours and soreness killers (even prescription strength) don't stop the crying (except taking him out) even if he take triple the dosage. my son symptoms was really so bad,that we have to make hospital our home, and all the doctors would do is monitor it, prescribe him countless of control pills and pain medication with no positive result. until recently I contacted a Doctor who put an end to this problem. If you are having same problem with epilepsy son contact Dr. William for advice and possible solution without any side effect drwilliams098675@gmail.com

Leonardo DiCaprio said...

I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on YouTube so many people thanking him about his good work. I also have epilepsy. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my epilepsy status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for my family ,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from epilepsy within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

Serhat said...

Ankara
Antalya
istanbul
Ordu
izmir
1MZQPT

WarpPhantom13 said...

görüntülüshow
ücretli show
RB32T

Efe9 said...

maraş evden eve nakliyat
osmaniye evden eve nakliyat
adıyaman evden eve nakliyat
istanbul evden eve nakliyat
ordu evden eve nakliyat
ZTO2QN

4B07FAlvaro6D576 said...

1083B
Samsun Lojistik
Çerkezköy Evden Eve Nakliyat
Erzurum Parça Eşya Taşıma
Çanakkale Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Çankaya Fayans Ustası
Afyon Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Trabzon Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Ankara Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Karabük Şehirler Arası Nakliyat

1B012SamaraECD7B said...

520B3
Lbank Güvenilir mi
Poloniex Güvenilir mi
Batıkent Parke Ustası
Manisa Şehirler Arası Nakliyat
Etlik Parke Ustası
Bolu Şehir İçi Nakliyat
Kayseri Parça Eşya Taşıma
Karapürçek Fayans Ustası
Etlik Fayans Ustası

A2E17Julius2BAC5 said...

DE19D
referanskodunedir.com.tr

36D29King0EC4B said...

24D5C
%20 komisyon indirimi

57EC6Ezekiel5AE20 said...

16C60
artvin ücretsiz sohbet uygulamaları
canlı sohbet
ordu telefonda rastgele sohbet
gümüşhane görüntülü sohbet siteleri
osmaniye ücretsiz sohbet odaları
diyarbakır rastgele sohbet uygulaması
antalya rastgele görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
afyon tamamen ücretsiz sohbet siteleri
adıyaman sohbet uygulamaları

142F4Susan6E0B5 said...

18F14
bursa mobil sohbet chat
gümüşhane sohbet
ücretsiz görüntülü sohbet
maraş parasız görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
urfa rastgele sohbet
şırnak kızlarla canlı sohbet
karabük görüntülü canlı sohbet
Mersin Telefonda Kadınlarla Sohbet
edirne mobil sohbet chat

21AD2Glen91965 said...

059CE
Tekirdağ Canlı Sohbet Odaları
Aydın Görüntülü Sohbet Kızlarla
Kırıkkale Rastgele Canlı Sohbet
ığdır Sohbet Muhabbet
Elazığ Rastgele Sohbet Siteleri
ucretsiz sohbet
kırşehir rastgele görüntülü sohbet uygulamaları
rastgele sohbet siteleri
malatya sesli sohbet sesli chat

69481Arturo5FC47 said...

ED96C
Bitcoin Madenciliği Nasıl Yapılır
Threads Beğeni Satın Al
Bitcoin Oynama
Tumblr Takipçi Satın Al
Kripto Para Nasıl Kazılır
Gate io Borsası Güvenilir mi
Twitter Retweet Satın Al
Görüntülü Sohbet Parasız
Chat Gpt Coin Hangi Borsada

Post a Comment